At Tech Asia in Puerto Galera, we’re tech diving every day, at all depths and levels, from our home base on Small Lalaguna Beach, Sabang.
We visit Subic Bay for Wreck Courses and diving every few weeks, and go international with fantastic trips two or three times a year.
Safety Guidelines and Policies for Technical Diving
Outside of training activities, diving will be supervised in water (or from surface where deemed appropriate) by qualified Tech Asia staff. Diving will take place at sites appropriate for the experience levels and certifications of the individuals involved. All decompression diving activities will be backed up by dedicated boat cover equipped with surface oxygen, additional decompression gases as required, and fitted with Marine Radio.
We require that all divers plan their dives to comply with the following guidelines:
- All gas mixes MUST be analyzed, correctly labeled for MOD, signed and dated by the user. Fill station log must be signed.
- Maximum bottom PO2 will be 1.4 ATA or lower.
- Maximum Decompression PO2 will be 1.6 ATA or less.
- All divers must carry sufficient gas to complete their dives within rule of thirds, or as appropriate for the dive plan.
- A Divers must be equipped with at least one reel or spool and SMB/liftbag. A whistle and flashlight are highly recommended on all dives.
- Divers must carry back up depth and time information.
- Tech Asia staff will reserve final judgments on suitability and choice of the dive site.
Technical Diving Education
Tech Asia started life almost twenty years ago providing a large number of the countries Diver and Instructor courses through to the highest levels, at that time with IANTD.
We are now a busy IANTD and TDI Dive Center, our Advanced Wreck and DPV Diver programs are especially highly regarded, and we also carry the rating of GUE Facility, with our dive shop playing host several times a year to senior instructors who find the place ideal for Fundamentals, as well as higher level Tech 1 and Tech 2 courses. Alongside this, we can provide the full spectrum of PADI Tec courses as needed.
We strongly advise all divers and students to purchase dive accident insurance and will ask any diver not covered to sign a Disclaimer acknowledging that the Facility, management and staff will not be held responsible for any costs incurred in the event of any evacuation or medical treatment being required.
We can however assist you with a policy through Diveassure with Gold ( Philippines only ) or Platinum ( Worldwide ) cover at the following rates:
Gold – 1 Day : $19.00
Gold – 1 Week : $49.00
Gold – 2 Weeks : $59.00
Gold – 3 Weeks : $69.00
Gold – 30 Days : $79.00
Gold – Annual : $99.00
Platinum – Annual : $129.00
Diveassures is primary coverage, and is for diving to any depth, covers mixed gas diving, Rebreathers and overhead environments. Medical Expenses to $50,000.00 ( Gold ) and $250,000.00 ( Platinum ), besides additional costs for accommodation and travel, lost gear etc.
You can sign up on arrival with us, or do it before hand here: