Global Underwater Explorers Courses
Tech Asia has a long history of hosting GUE Programs with Instructors from all over the world visiting us to use the facility one of very few GUE Dive Centers in the region.
GUE Fundamentals, DPV, Primers, Drysuit and Doubles programs are readily available with Miko Zulueta from Manila being our regular instructor. At the technical levels we often see both Gideon Liew and Graham Blackmore running Tech 1 and Tech 2 classes.
Details of the Fundamentals programs are below, but for the Technical classes it is best you contact us for current information, since course content, and fine details of pricing may vary depending where the instructor is traveling from.
$650 plus Registration, Facility Fees and Instructor Expenses ( these vary – please contact us )
The Fundamentals course is normally conducted over four days, requires 6 dives and at least 30 hours instruction, encompassing classroom, land drills and in-water work.
The GUE Fundamentals course is designed to cultivate the essential techniques required by all sound diving practice, irrespective of level or environment. Functioning as a prerequisite for all other GUE classes, GUE-F performs a two fold purpose within the GUE curriculum. 1) It provides the recreational diver, with no desire for further diver training, with a context with which to advance his/her basic diving skills, thereby developing more comfort, confidence and competence in the water, and 2) it provides the diver with aspirations of more advanced diver training with the tools that will contribute to a greater likelihood of success.
Applicants for a Fundamentals course must:
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Hold insurance that will cover diving emergencies such as hyperbaric treatment, e.g. DAN Master-level insurance or equivalent.
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Be a certified GUE Rec 1 diver or be certified as an open water diver from a recognized training agency.
More complete information is found here https://www.gue.com/content/gue-fundamentalsBook Now